Ninja Toaster Ovens: plenty of features for the money
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
Ninja® Foodi™ 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Oven (DT201)
The Ninja DT201 Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro air fryer toaster oven is an enormous appliance capable of cooking in ten different styles. The substantial capacity is further enhanced by adjustable shelving so you can cook multiple foods at the same time.
Airflow technology makes up the ‘True Surround Convection’ that provides the perfect doneness both inside and out, while an integrated thermometer ensures your food will never be undercooked.
Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Ninja’s SP101 8-in-1 Digital air fryer toaster oven is a ‘lite’ version of the Ninja Foodi DT201. It’s a little smaller, has marginally few settings, and the ‘True Surround Convection’ is absent, but that doesn’t mean it’s not an excellent oven.
You get a compact appliance that can still cook a substantial amount of food for a much lower price point. Be prepared to put in a little elbow grease to keep this air fryer toaster oven clean, though.
Air fryer toaster ovens are super versatile small kitchen appliances that offer a wide range of cooking options and are perfect for people with limited kitchen space who can’t store a whole bunch of machines.
Ninja’s selection of air fryer toaster ovens offers some of the best features and performance of any brand on the market and represents tremendous value for money.
We’re going to look at the finer details of the Ninja DT201 10-in-1 XL Pro air fryer toaster oven and the Ninja SP101 8-in-1 Digital air fryer toaster oven and find out which is the right one for you.
We’ve looked at their features, capacity, appearance, consumer reviews, and ease of cleaning.
BEST NINJA TOASTER OVEN
1. Ninja DT201 Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Dimensions: 17 x 20.2 x 13.3 inches
- Appliance Weight: 42.9lbs
- Capacity: Fits 12lb Turkey
- Material: Stainless Steel & Plastic
Ninja rarely, if ever, produces an ugly appliance; they don’t know how to. Their tradition of making stunning products has continued with the Ninja DT201 10-in-1 air fryer toaster oven, which is magnificent to look at.
The sleek curves combine perfectly with the digital touch-screen control panel to give this toaster oven a contemporary aesthetic that wouldn’t look out of place in any kitchen.
You’ll never run out of space with the DT201 as the enormous capacity can easily fit a 12lb turkey inside. Custom shelf positions help you maximize the capacity further, making it possible to cook multiple foods simultaneously.
- 10 Cooking Styles: Ten different cooking styles makes other kitchen appliances almost obsolete. They include air fry, air roast, bake, whole roast, broil, toast, bagel, dehydrate, pizza, and reheat.
- True Surround Convection: Ten times the convection power of standard, the Ninja 10-in-1 Foodi cooks more quickly and efficiently than other products to leave you more time for other things.
- ‘Smart Cook’ System: Using an internal thermometer, the Ninja Foodi will achieve the perfect meat doneness, no matter what your preferences are, at the touch of a button and without the need to rotate your food.
- Accessories: This air fryer toaster oven comes with seven handy sheets, pans, and racks to ensure you’re covered for any eventuality.
The Ninja 10-in-1 Foodi air fryer toaster oven is more than just a pretty face; it’s a cavernous brute with immense power and finesse. The 1800 Watt power output works in conjunction with a high-velocity fan to blast to 130 CFMs of superheated air around the toaster oven.
The unique Ninja airflow system circulates the air around your food for even cooking and delicious results.
One of the few drawbacks to this appliance is its volume. Because of this air fryer toaster oven’s high-powered nature, it can be overly noisy when operating at full tilt.
Our reviews often talk about how complicated some appliances are and that the instruction guides brands provide with their products are inadequate. So, we feel it necessary to point out how well written the accompanying instructions are with the Ninja Foodi air fryer toaster oven and that hundreds, if not thousands, of consumers have found them extremely helpful.
The Ninja brand seems to get better with age and released towards the end of 2020; the Ninja DT201 Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro air fryer toaster oven is one of their best. While this appliance is the more expensive of the two Ninja toaster ovens, it still comes at a reasonable price point when you consider its substantial capacity, ten different functions, stylish appearance, and all-round top-quality performance.
BEST VALUE NINJA OVEN
2. Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 7.5 x 14.9 inches
- Appliance Weight: 15.7lbs
- Capacity: Fits 13” x 13” Sheet Pan
- Material: Stainless Steel & Plastic
While we don’t think the Ninja SP101 is quite as attractive as its big brother (this is just our opinion), it’s still a very good looking air fryer toaster oven. The stainless steel finish looks quality, and the control panel is beautifully laid out, making it simple to use.
The low-profile design means it will fit easily under most cupboards or cabinets. If you have a decent amount of height available, the Ninja Foodi toaster oven uses its unique hinge-base so you can flip the appliance on its side and save 50% more countertop space.
Ninja makes so few mistakes that we feel we need to point out even the most minor of their design flaws. This appliance’s crumb tray is relatively tight-fitting, causing some consumers to become frustrated when trying to take it out.
- 8-in-1 Cooking: This Ninja air fryer toaster oven has eight different styles to give you plenty of options. They include air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, bagel, toast, dehydrate, and keep warm.
- ‘Keep Warm’: The keep warm feature needs a special mention as we feel it’s an excellent addition to keep your food warm until you’re ready to eat, especially if you have small children who never seem to be ready when you are.
- Easy-Access Back Panel: You can open up the back of the Ninja SP101 to help with the cleaning process. This is important as we’ll talk about shortly.
- Two Accessories: This appliance comes with a baking sheet and air frying basket to give you a head start.
Ninja uses what they call ‘Digital Crisp Technology’ to regulate the heat and airflow to make sure your food cooks crisply and evenly.
We’re fairly sure that ‘Digital Crisp Technology’ is a fancy marketing term as we can’t work out what it actually entails, but whatever it is … it works.
One area of this air fryer toaster oven that isn’t so great, in fact, consumers have complained about it in great numbers, is the cleanup process. While the previously mentioned easy access panel at the back of the appliance makes things a little less challenging, it still requires constant care and attention to keep the oven grime-free.
Ninja’s SP101 air fryer toaster oven is an excellent piece of kit that cooks in a wonderful variety of ways. While it doesn’t quite meet the standards of the Ninja DT201 Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro air fryer toaster oven, it’s still a superb appliance in its own right.
The price point is markedly cheaper than the large oven, making it the logical choice for folks on a tighter budget.