Nothing taste as good as the fresh sweet and smokey taste of barbequed corn on the cob. The idea of sitting back enjoying this classic barbecue staple, is an essential part of any summer barbeque for many American families.
Corn on the cob is a staple side dish for any barbeque, there is nothing more delicious then chomping down on plump, tender kernels that explode with flavor and juice when you chomp down on them.
But why wait for summer to drag your barbeque out to enjoy this family favorite. Air Fried Corn on the Cob can be just as delicious and a fuss free side dish to any of your families favorite meals.
This recipe takes your favorite corn on the cob, and upgrades it to a side dish, you actually will want to eat as a main course. It is even a great served as a healthy snack whilst watching your favorite sports, or can be served as an appetizer for parties. Corn on the Cob Ribs is going to become one of your families new favorites, they are healthy, tasty so simple and effortless to make, and combined with the creamy avocado dipping sauce recipe listed below, will blow the minds of your family and friends.
Air Fryer Corn Cob Ribs recipeCourse: Snacks, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 ears fresh yellow corn on the cob
3 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
5 tablespoons melted salted butter
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons lime zest
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon finely minced fresh coriander
Directions – Corn Cob Ribs
- Remove corn from husk and cut off ends and using a sharp chef’s knife, quarter each of the the corn cobs length wise. And ensure that the corn ribs are short enough to fit inside the basket of your air fryer.
- Rub corn cob ribs with olive oil. ( This will allow the corn cobs to cook to a nice golden color)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, honey, lime zest, cumin, and minced coriander, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the corn quarters to the bowl, making sure corn is covered with the mixture all over. Cover with cling wrap and place the bowl in the fridge. Let corn sit in the mixture for 1 hour for the flavors to penetrate the corn cobs, producing a strong rich flavor to the cooked corn cob ribs.
- Pre heat your air fryer to 190C
- Place the corn cobs into the air fryer basket, place only enough corn cobs to create a single layer. You will need to cook corn in batches if your machine is too small.
- Cook corn cobs until they have a charred and crispy look, and the kennels are soft and tender. Approximately 10-15 minutes cooking time. Make sure you turn the corn once halfway through the cooking process to ensure an even charring of the corn cobs, and baste with marinade with a basting brush.
- Remove corn cob ribs from the air fryer and place onto a plate. Cover with foil whilst cooking remaining corn cob ribs, this will keep them warm whilst waiting for the second batch.
- Whilst corn is cooking, warm the remaining marinade in a small pot. When corn is cooked you can pour the marinade over the corn before serving. This will add some extra flavor and give the corn a nice shiny and glossy finish to the outer.
- Serve the corn cob ribs as a side with your favorite meals, or you can serve as a great snack or appetizer with the dipping sauce recipe below. Enjoy!
Corn Cob Ribs Creamy Avocado Dipping Sauce recipeCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3 Ripe avocados
1/2 small onion, finely diced
2 Spring Onion Stalks – finely chopped
2 Roma tomatoes – finely diced
3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
1 Red Chili, seeds removed and finely diced
2 Cloves of garlic – minced
2 limes, juiced plus the rind for extra tanginess
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
Directions – Creamy Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, and use a large spoon to scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl. Using a folk, give the flesh a rough mashing so its still chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Mix the puree into the roughly mashed avocado. Mix without making it to smooth. Taste for seasoning, add more salt or lime juice to taste. You can add some of your favorite hot sauce as well if you like a bit of spice.
- Serve the creamy avocado with corn cob ribs as a dipping sauce, or you can scoop some creamy avocado on top of the corn cobs and serve as a side dish with your favorite main courses.
- Select fresh corn. The outer husk of the corn should be bright green and wrapped tightly against the corn cob. Don’t select corn which has tassels that are browned , dry, sticky to touch or black, these are a good indicators that the corn is old.
- When cutting your corn cobs, ensure that the corn ribs are short enough to fit inside the basket of your air fryer.
- Make sure you turn the corn once halfway through the cooking process to ensure an even charring of the corn cobs.