This recipe is a great way to use up all of that zucchini in your garden. The spring chicken pie is a hearty meal that is sure to fill up your whole family. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook, making it a great go to meal on a busy weeknight.
Spring Chicken Pie
- 1 pound chicken breast: cooked then shredded
- 2 C chopped carrots
- 2 C diced zucchini
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz swiss cheese
- 4 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cook the veggies in avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season.
- Add cooked veggies, cooked + shredded chicken, eggs, swiss cheese, and seasoning to a glass bowl. Combine well.
- Pour into a 9'' round spring form pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes
Shredding the chicken with a Kitchenaid is much faster than shredding it by hand. And you don't have to wait for it to cool off.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18 g
Total Carbohydrates 28 g
Protein 31 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.